Monday, March 23, 2015

Gordon Parks Part 3 and 4

  1. My definition of successful is being able to achieve what you always wanted to achieve. I want have a 100k job before i turn 25.
  2. I have given up my free time and a bit of sleep to be successful.
  3. Gordon gave up the comfort of being in his comfort zone in a racially segregeated America.
  4. Young's father was a rich business man.
  5. Parks was advanced $10,000 for the first seven pages.
  6. He was offered $50,000.
  7. He refused the offer because he could not support a religion he did not believe in.
  8. The Learning Tree was significant because it was the first Hollywood movie directed by an African American.
  9. Shaft was confident and a protagonist and made many African American children look up to him.
  10. Camera and roll film was his choice of weapons.
  11. Her reason for divorce was that she was sick of Park staying away from home and not giving their relationship enough time.
  12. 12 years a slave told the same story.
  13. He was Gordon's son and he died in a plane crash.
  14. My favorite photo was the sweeper against the flag.
  15. I will remember he was the first African American director.

2 comments:

  1. you already finished and got important point in each questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think #4 answer: her father should be a Chinese diplomat.

    ReplyDelete